Monday 17 August 2009

Vicarage.

Well it has been a while since I have made a post on here. So much has happened since then: end of vacation in barcelona (obviously), finished up my school year in England, lived at home for a month and a half, and finally arrived in Blacksburg to start my vicarage. There is really too much to write about so I will skip over pretty much everything and get right on toward vicarage.

I am currently the Vicar at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Roanoke Virginia. It is a wonderful congregation right at the base of the blue hills. They have taken very good care of me so far. My cupboards are stocked and I have received a plethora of other free things, including a window air conditioning unit! My main assignment this year is to work with Lutheran Outreach at Virginia Tech. This is a ministry of Good Shepherd based right in Blacksburg (where VT is located). I have had little happen as far as this goes because the students do not arrive on campus for another couple days, but I am excited to get going with them.

I also had my first opportunity to preach on Aug. 16. I preached on John 6:51-69. I think it went well, but in all honesty I think I would have had to screw up something awful for anyone in the congregation to say something. I look forward to preaching more often as the year goes on.

As it is that is all I can do for now as I have to go meet my Pastor for Lunch. If you know anyone who is attending Virginia Tech please send them my way!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Where is the blog post about the ELCA decision?