Friday 7 November 2008

Getting into a Routine

I have been here for almost two months now and I am starting to get into a rather nice daily routine. I am amazed that my time here is rather stress free and I am still learning a lot. I really like how it all works here. A lot less time in class and a lot more time dedicated to studying. Even the classes are better because the lectures are not bogged down by one or two people who ask the same question for 40 minutes or a professor who decided that it is a good idea to talk about the meaning of one word for 50 minutes and neglect the rest of the subject material. It is nice to sit in a lecture that has been well thought out and planned before hand. They are really more like presentations than classes.

Anyhoo, the following is a typical day for me:
  1. Chapel 8:30 - 9:00
  2. Breakfast 9:00-9:30
    1. except on Wednesdays when I have a class at 9:00 and then go to the Buttery (a coffee shop) after class and have an English Scone and a cup of Coffee.
  3. Class 10:00 - 11:00
  4. Lunch 12:00
    1. Many times a welcome skype date with Kali happens here and goes into reading time.
  5. Read/study 1:00 - 4:00
  6. Break or Run 4:00 - 5:00
  7. Dinner 5:30/6:00ish
    1. Except on Tuesdays when I have Latin from 5:00 - 6:00. Dinner generally falls around 7
  8. Read 7:00 - 9:00
That is the basic pattern that has developed. Fridays I do not have classes so I review my lectures from the previous week and then read and read and read.

1 comment:

Kali said...

I think you missed the daily nap that you ditch our skype dates for. :)