Wednesday 8 October 2008

The new blog

Welcome to my new blog. While a certain part of me is sad to see the old site go, I am even more excited to get this new site underway. I think that it is appropriate that I start this new site during a new and exciting part of my life in Cambridge.
Anyhoo, I was walking through Cambridge today looking for free internet because the internet at the Westfield House went down. I made the mistake of walking into a bookstore. I say mistake because I rarely walk out of a book store without something in my hand. If I do manage to leave without something I must at the very least walk through the entire store. I did manage to leave without buying anything however I took a walk through the Christianity section, or should I say Christianity shelf. I noticed something that I did have not noticed before. In England all of the anti-Christianity books are in the Christianity section. This may be the way it is in America but its would not be as noticeable because these anti-Chritian books do not make up half the Christian book section. What I noticed about this is that all the anti-religion books were in the Christianity section and most of them were attacking Christianity. There were no anti-Buddhist books in the Buddhist section, there were no anti-Judaism books in the Jewish section, and no anti-Islam books in the Islam section. It seems that this culture at least and I would say the anti-religious culture in general is more concerned about attacking Christianity and Christians than it is about actually trying to prove or explain their own philosophy. Then this Dawkins character starts going off about how he doesn't understand why Christians get so hostile when their religion is supposed to be a religion of love and forgiveness. In any event I find it interesting that of all the religions that had their own section at the bookstore I went to only Christianity had anti-religion books in it.

No comments: